I had thought Isofix was the new and wonderful industry standard. I hadn't expected to find - where I had two connections - just a single, central seat fitting. Not on a new car by the same manufacturer.
In case you don't know, ISOFIX (now an international standard for child seats) was created by BRITAX in co-operation with VW in 1997. Research has shown that as little as 30% of car seats installed using a three point seatbelt anchoring are installed correctly compared to 96% using the ISOFIX system and the seat in question was the rather wonderful and plush new Britax Versafix, boasting:
- Deep, softly padded side wings to ensure greater protection and comfort for your child
- A cover that is quick removable and washable
- A buckle that stays in the forward position so it is easy to put your child in the seat
- Multiple recline positions for when your little one is sleeping
- Lightweight and stylish design
Fortunately for me, the new Britax Versafix - designed especially for busy, two-car families - has three different fitting options: the Isofix bars, top tether anchorage points and a three-point seatbelt fitting for older cars - or baffling new ones like the Prius+!
The Versafix is suitable from 9 months to 4 years (or 9-18kgs), retails at £225 and is available in a range of colours. For more information and details of where to buy visit www.britax.co.uk or call 01264 386 034.