- going straight from boob to beaker (@mumsgoneto, @Rhian82, @psychohut)
- perseverance (@BumpBirthBeyond)
- using a spoon (@loonylis)
- using a small espresso cup (@Mumonthebrink)
- getting her used to a bottle with water (@ShivHarrison)
- getting used to silcon by using nipple shields (@emmaharper)
- getting owner of lactating breasts to leave the house for 12 hours and girding your loins (@DawnIsaac)
- swapping from breast to bottle halfway through a feed (@ChocOrange)
- wearing my wife's clothing! (@mummylimited) and, my personal favourite -
- a photo of a boob with a hole for the bottle (@Welshracer)
To get to the point, we'll try them all (well, maybe not the last one) until we find something that works. We can't really complain about Eloise's feeding habits though. She took to the breast within minutes of her birth and seems to have had no problems feeding ever since. Maybe that's the reason something artificial, like a bottle, seems so wrong to her? Whatever the cause, we've got to find a solution - and soon. And preferably one that stops short of radical surgery.
After all, I could never have a boob job.
I haven't got the bottle... unlike her!