But not for long. I'm starting a new meme. It's simple. All you've got to do is think of as many memorable 'seconds' as you can. Everyone always remembers the first time: that first kiss, the first trip abroad, the first cup of tea in a morning. But who gives a thought to the second? Why is second always second-best? What's wrong with second-hand? Well, here's a list of questions for anyone who wants to put things right. You only have to choose one (although you're welcome to do more.) I'll post my answers in a week's time and include the best from any comments, too. So, hands up: which of you wants to tell us all about...
- your second boy/girlfriend?
- your second day at school?
- who your second best-friend was?
- the second LP that you bought?
- the second house you lived in?
- the second car you drove?
- your second-favourite band?
- the second-best book you ever read?
- your second-favourite film?
- your second-favourite blog?
I'm tagging... Emma, Josie, Wendohendo, Catharine Withenay and Denise with this, but anyone can have a go. The more the merrier, in fact. There'll be a silver (what else?) medal for the winner. And a second-prize courtesy of a very special guest whom I'll be interviewing next week. It's all very hush-hush at the moment (clue: dial 999 if you've just been stung!)
So, there you have it. Second-helpings, anyone?